Sorting Change

As I have been looking at Pinterest, my newest hobby, I have come across so many wonderful ideas that I just have to share.  Not too long ago, I decided to go back into the classroom.  You know how you can't go into any store without seeing ideas you can use in your classroom?  Anyhow, I came across the beautiful blue appetizer tray (on the outdoor summer aisle).  The kind with a circle in the center with areas for carrots, celery, etc. around the center.  I thought I don't know what I can use this for yet, but I bet something will come to me.  Anyhow, back to the idea.  As I was looking at Pinterest I came across this cool idea for young students for sorting change.


 

Now I know one way I can use that appetizer tray I bought.  What a great way for students to not only sort change but then to figure out the total amount of money that was in the center.  The tray cost me a whole $2.00 and I could just use sticky notes or stickers to make the compartment labels.  For more information and a great website for ideas visit http://www.growinginprek.com/mathcenter.htm




I'm looking for other ways to use my appetizer tray, so please let me know of other ideas at michelleflaming143@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment